Primary Job Purpose:
|The Project Controller is responsible for supporting multiple Job Managers and the Line Manager in a range of key project related duties spanning cost control, document control, reporting, contractor management and administration in the field
|In fulfilling the primary focus of the position, the incumbent will typically:
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with all members of the Balanced Machines business line.
- Assist the Line Manager in the development of complex project estimates, schedules and proposals.
- Support multiple Job Managers in the proactive management of job costs on a day-to-day basis, including time sheet management, detailed cost tracking, analysis and projections.
- Assist in establishing and implementing improved quality management processes.
- Drive best practice document control practices within the business line and be the central conduit for management of transmittals.
- Support Job Managers in the commercial pre-qualification and engagement of suppliers for the provision of specialised services, tooling, equipment, etc.
- Assist Job Managers on site during the execution of shutdowns and field projects in remote locations, including management of personnel mobilisation, job progress reporting, schedule updates, administration, mark-up of drawings and document control.
Key Selection Criteria:
To achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Qualifications in finance, business administration or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ industrial experience, involving exposure to large engineering and/or maintenance projects.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders in both office and site environments.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving skills and resourcefulness
- Proficiency in MS Office including Advanced MS Excel skills in complex analytics and MS Word/MS Powerpoint for high quality reporting and presentation preparation.
- Previous exposure and ability to rapidly learn job management software such as WorkflowMAX.
- Exceptional time, priority management and attention to detail in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to travel away from home to meet business requirements.
Other relevant skills, knowledge and experience:
- A highly motivated and proactive project professional, process driven, passionate about supporting a diverse team to deliver a unique service to clients across the country.
- Current driver’s licence.