Primary Job Purpose:
The Senior Engineer is responsible for providing expert professional engineering services as an integral member of Adra’s rapidly growing balanced machine capability.
In fulfilling the primary focus of the position, the incumbent will typically:
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with Balanced Machines team members and other business lines.
- Lead complex engineering design and modelling in line with relevant Australian Standards to an exceptional level, including the completion of rigorous engineering checks for other team members.
- Project manage critical projects from the design phase through to commissioning for a range of bulk materials handling assets in diverse operating environments.
- Develop and mentor engineering personnel with respect to engineering design and the major maintenance of balanced machines.
- Support the Manager in delivering a Market Plan to grow the business through the promotion of superior and expert technical capability in delivering clever practical solutions.
- Identify client needs and develop appropriate scope of works and proposals offering a point of difference.
- Collaborate with Adra offices and the Manager to assist in resourcing opportunities and contracts across the country.
Key Selection Criteria:
To achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Chartered Practicing Mechanical and/or Structural Engineer.
- Minimum of 15 years’ industrial experience, involving significant exposure to the design, maintenance and operations of continuous bulk materials handling assets, including bucket-wheel excavators, stackers, reclaimers, ship-loaders and conveyors.
- Expert knowledge with respect to balanced machines, including intimate understanding of and practical application of AS4324.1-2017 and equivalent standards.
- Proven ability to technically mentor developing engineers and project professionals in both office and site environments.
- Proficiency in the use of Inventor, AutoCAD and MS Office applications.
- Exceptional time, priority management and attention to detail in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and within hazardous environments
- Ability to travel away from home on a regular basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- A commitment to continued professional development (for self and for others).
Other relevant skills, knowledge and experience:
- A highly motivated and proactive engineering professional, passionate about offering clients solutions to improve safety and drive productivity improvement.
- Current driver’s licence.