Design Verification and Development in the Defence Industry
The Australian Defence Force has comprehensive requirements throughout their supply chain, and our client was providing a vessel in a critical and challenging application. Their internal engineering team required assistance over and above third-party certification – the client needed a partner to develop the design and demonstrate compliance to several standards and challenging load cases.
Adra’s engineers are experienced in the design and ongoing inspection and compliance audits of pressure vessels.
Adra’s scope of work included:
- Pressure vessel verification
- Wind and seismic loads strength analysis
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) stress testing
- Fatigue analysis using Power Spectral Density (PSD) FEA
- Burst check
- Detailed calculation reports were provided for the regulator and Defence Force quality compliance.
Adra completed the works including changes to the design to assist inspection and maintenance activities. Our client continues to return to Adra Group for engineering assistance and design verification.